Thomas J. Sweeney
A distinguished CFO executive, Tom leverages extensive public company and venture-funded enterprise experience. His tenure with McKinsey and Ernst & Young provided him with an in-depth strategic perspective that he combines with his international venture capital company experience. Tom managed $230 million directly, in addition to more than $3 billion in 78 Portfolio companies. Tasked with the overall financial management, Tom’s responsibilities have included involvement in raising capital, as well as financial and operational matters with portfolio companies. These duties have also extended to SEC reporting and responsibility for audit and tax matters as well as personnel and other administrative matters.
Areas of Expertise
- Certified Public Accountant
- Investor Relations
- Raising Public and Private Capital
- Licensing Agreement Negotiation
- Senior Banking Relationship Management
- As CFO for Ventana Companies, Tom reported directly to the Managing Partner of this international venture capital company. He directly managed $230 million in addition to more than $3 billion placed in 78 Portfolio companies.
- Tom also has held the role of CFO for Patriot Scientific Corporation, an intellectual-property licensing company that designs, develops, and markets technologies for microprocessors.
- Working as Founder and Chief Financial Officer of Coral Biotechnology, Tom oversaw all financial and administrative matters as well as top-level decisions for the company which sold a line of clinical lab diagnostic products.
- An expert in Sarbanes Oxley compliance, Tom was responsible for the implementation of compliances as well as the restatement of four years of Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings
- Microislet, Inc. – Vice President, Finance
- Patriot Scientific Corporation – Chief Financial Officer
- New Visual Corporation – Chief Financial Officer
- Mitchell International, Inc. – Chief Financial Officer
- Ventana Companies – Chief Financial Officer