Rick has over 30 years of hands-on expertise as a Small Business Owner, Private Equity Investor, and Executive of Fortune 200 Companies. Rick has experience across all industries with world-wide recognition for Entrepreneurship, Intrapreneurship, and Social Responsibility. Rick is accomplished at identifying the key value drivers to significantly grow businesses through Executive Transformation. Rick has successfully managed many succession plans and exit plans for Executives and Owners. Rick has been actively involved on many boards (public, private, non-profit), and has been a part-time professor at three nationally recognized graduate business schools.
Areas of Expertise
- High Performance Business Growth
- Business Turnaround
- Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Exec & Organization Transformation
- Corporate Venturing
- Strategic Alliance Management
- Liquidity Harvest
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- As project manager with Xcel Energy Inc., Rick led a team that re-engineered the Corporate Foundation to integrate $ giving and volunteer hours into Corporate Responsibility projects, while validating impact through 3rd party audits.
- At Socially Responsible Private Equity Networks, Rick led the organization recognized by Stanford University as World Thought Leaders in Social Private Equity, which uses capitalism to achieve mission impact.
- At American Express, Rick created the International Association of Angel & Venture Clubs in conjunction with Black Card operations to market and implement projects directly with high-net worth individuals.
- At IBM, Rick built “farm teams” of strategic alliances that led to slow-motion acquisitions in order to rapidly develop new markets.
- At IBM, Rick lead teams that created and implemented business process re-engineering for many industries, such as mining, manufacturing, and geo-information.
- Life USA Inc. – CEO of publicly traded company
- CCollege Bound Student Alliance Inc. – Chair of Board of publicly traded company
- Conscious Capital Fund LP – Co-Founder, General Partner
- Socially Responsible Private Equity Networks Inc. – Co-Founder, Chair of Board
- Univ of Colorado Entrepreneur Center – Executive Director
- American Express Tax & Business Services – Director, Consulting
- IBM, Engineering-Scientific Systems Integration – World-Wide Manager of Consulting & Implementation