As a CFO, Michael is s strategic finance leader with over 20 years of experience driving growth and margin expansion for complex innovation-based businesses that rely on investment in technology, software, biotechnology, life sciences and related spaces and services. He leverages a deep functional knowledge of all components of innovation including R&D, Operations, Commercial, HR and Marketing. Adept on recruiting, retaining, and promoting key talent, into well- structured and emerging-growth organizational designs. Brings to the table a strong collaborative mindset and is viewed as a strong business partner.
Areas of Expertise
- Accounting Information Systems
- Sales Compensation/Commission Structure and Optimization
- Capital Management Analysis and Processes
- Ensuring Collaboration between Sales, Marketing & Finance
- Developing a Strategic Plan
- Driver of organic revenue growth 2.5x market and expanded operating margins by 33% in under 2 years
- Lead a global team 30+ Finance professionals supporting over 160 manufacturing and distribution centers globally.
- Exceeded organic revenue growth targets by 1.5x historical trend. Reorganized commercial teams to leverage the depth and breadth of Thermo Fisher and drive business centric strategy and deployment.
- Factory Finance lead responsible for the development and deployment of the Annual Operating Plan of Eastman Kodak’s key commodity (photographic gelatin) business.
- Developed business case for significant capital investment and expansion into new adjacent markets which expanded operating margins 100 basis points.
- Transformed the Finance & Accounting team into a world class Financial Shared Services Team.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific – Vice President of Finance
- Eastman Kodak Company – Senior Finance Lead
- D’Amore-MCKIM School of Business at Northeastern University
- MBA – Strategic Management
- Authored Finance Courses for Accenture Academy
“Creating & Cascading an Annual Operating Plan (AOP)”
“Developing a Strategic Plan”
“Ensuring Collaboration between Sales, Marketing & Finance”
“Spotlight on GR/IR Clearing Accounts” “Spotlight on SWOT Analysis”