As an accounting and finance executive consultant with an MBA and Big 4 CPA experience, Ken provides an effective blend of strategic planning together with extensive practical CFO and Controller experience to help companies maximize their growth and profitability potential and to continuously improve their operational efficiencies. Ken has experience in a variety of industries including manufacturing, high technology, DOD government contracting, engineering services, financial services, and privately held and family owned businesses.
Areas of Expertise
- Certified Public Accountant
- Product Pricing Models and Product Profitability Analysis and Product Cost Accounting
- ERP & Accounting Systems Implementation
- Assistance in Negotiations and Due Diligence in the Purchase and Sale of Businesses and Product Lines
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Developed and implemented a successful product pricing model together with a product profitability and product costing analysis to help triple the sales of CH Products and to help lead CH Products from a break even position to very healthy profit margins of 35% Earnings Before Interest and Taxes (EBIT).
- At CH Products, permanently lowered Workers Compensation insurance premiums by 70% for an annual savings of $200,000 by coordinating the efforts of the company’s production department, internal claims administration, the California WCIRB, company brokers and direct insurers.
- Advised the owners of CH Products in 2007 that the economic conditions, market conditions and company sales growth and profit growth positions were as favorable for the sale of the company as they may be for the next 10 years. The owners agreed and I assisted them in the successful negotiation of the sale of the company in early 2008 and I coordinated the due diligence process and the preparations for the related audits.
- Upon joining CH Products in 1999, I lead the implementation of a Y2K compliant accounting and ERP system completed within 3 months. In 2005 I lead a second ERP system implementation to improve company operational efficiencies and data access.
- Anderson Consulting – Principal
- CH Products – Chief Financial Officer
- CH Products – Controller
- Cubic Communications, Inc. – Controller
- Cubic Corporation – Internal Audit Manager