Gene is a knowledgeable financial manager adept at increasing corporate efficiency and profitability. He works with companies to improve corporate structure, internal control systems and risk assessment. Gene has over 20 years of accounting operations leadership in a range of industries including durable goods and medical device manufacturing, telecommunications, high technology and construction. He combines external financial reporting, internal operational measurement and regulatory compliance as a seamless functional service. Gene is a Chartered Global Management Accountant with extensive project management experience who is accomplished in leading highly successful teams. He adds value by finding business opportunities from forward looking assessments.
Areas of Expertise
- Risk Assessments
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Continuous Improvement
- Start-up Planning and Control
- Functioned as the program manager for Van Can’s relocation to SC and TN. The program included nine projects covering production and service equipment. We met the deadline set by the new occupant and vacated the building December 1, 2013 (saved $585k fixed rent cost).
- Worked with Van Can’s bank to set covenants consistent with several changes in the business model. After the refinance event, I designed a control system to implement the new transactions.
- Negotiated Van Can’s property tax abatement program and saved $70K annually for 10 years.
- Collaborated with WSM’s sales team to increase sales by 50% with a new business model.
- Designed WSM controls to reach 24 inventory turns and gain 3% profit improvement from PPV
- Advised a maquiladora to exclude redundant US operations management (save $250k annually).
- Van Can Company – Director – Finance
- Leap Wireless International – Compliance Manager
- CBIZ, Accounting & Advisory Services – Corporate Growth Manager
- Western Scientific Marketing – Chief Financial Officer
- Independent Management Consultant – General Manager