Chief Executive Officer
As our Founder and CEO, Eric Chriss’ dynamic, direct and innovative leadership guides our Executive Services Division. A nationally recognized trailblazer in the executive leadership and management field, Eric pioneered the CFO practice model – a model that has taken on national scope and is recognized as a best practice within the financial leadership arena. Deeply committed to understanding the root of client needs and dilemmas, Eric’s down-to-earth and upfront style blends with a successful track record in executive management. In building CUSTOMatrix from the ground up, he’s developed numerous programs for the firm in addition to generating business development strategies with banks, private equity groups, and venture capital. Eric also focuses on partner recruitment, international business development and media campaigns to build engagement with and awareness of the firm’s brand.
Areas of Expertise
- Raising capital
- Internet-based business operations
- Executive leadership in rapid growth enterprises
- Strategic planning and implementation
- International relations
- Financial modeling and economic analysis
- As founding CFO partner of Tatum LLC’s west coast practice, Eric co-developed the expansion strategy and opening of eight new offices for the largest CFO firm in the country.
- Partnering with Adobe and web-based companies such as SharePoint 360, SingleTouch.com, FullSwingGolf, and JoeFixit.com, Eric designed innovative financial models for e-learning and training.
- Securing conventional and mezzanine debt financing, Eric provided key financial, audit, operations, and succession advisory services to a regional transportation enterprise, resulting in a successful buyout.
- Working with Pioneer Electronics since start-up, Eric’s financial and operations management resulted in over $100 million in revenue in 5 years. Eric also went on to negotiate the manufacturing terms with General Motors de Mexico and BMW de Mexico for Pioneer’s expansion into the Mexican market.
- Tatum CFO Partners, LLP – Partner (Founder, West Coast expansion)
- Pace Shave, Inc. and Dollar Shave Club – CFO Advisory
- RoadOne West, San Diego, Inc. – CFO Advisory
- Center for Creative Leadership – Business Development
- Puritan-Bennett – Regulatory Compliance