David is a decisive leader/MBA who is recognized for modernizing and rejuvenating accounting and financial management systems, ratcheting up internal controls, optimizing the integration of information across functions and operating units, and ensuring that enterprise leaders have the financial information necessary to make bold business moves to drive growth. Mr. Fleming, as a consultant and C-level in-house executive at both for-profit and non-profit organizations, has built a 35 year record of success establishing operating practices that enhance organizational agility and enable key executives to creatively leverage the balance sheet, investments, cash flow, and debt.
Areas of Expertise
- Interim financial management as Acting CFO and Controller
- Budgeting and cash flow projections
- Facilitator for accounting software system implementations
- Comprehensive business plan development
- Complex automated financial report writing
- Reduced month-end close by 40 man hours for a private-equity-owned Health Essentials, LLC through development of consolidated FRx financial reporting. The 30 report package included 14 newly acquired corporate entities and was used for both the first year audit and internal monthly analysis.
- Initiated and coordinated tax saving program at HKS USA, Inc. which secured over a half million dollars in California Enterprise Zone and federal/state R&D income tax credits.
- Facilitated design, alpha/beta testing and conversion to IBS accounting software used at NBC/Universal Studios for film library Billing, Revenue Recognition, Title, Rights and Availability.
- Created of cash flow projection model and automation of Daily Flash Report to provide real-time operational metrics and enhance management decision making at HKS USA, Inc.
- Decreased month-end close and annual physical inventory timeline by 50% at numerous corporations.
- Fleming Financial Associates – Principal
- HKS USA, Inc. – Corporate Controller
- Miller & Kreisel Sound, Inc. – Director of Finance
- S. R. Wright Accountancy Corp. – Audit Manager
- Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Committee – Controller