Curtis W. Price
Curtis is a Process Improvement Manager with proven success in leading large project teams to meet aggressive manufacturing goals based on unique customer requirements. He’s well versed in all areas of manufacturing and production including Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, team- building and project management. In addition to his technical expertise, Curtis excels in collaboration and team leadership, effectively managing people and improving communications. He also helps boost efficiency in the areas of scheduling, budget management, training and technical problem resolution. Curtis’ hands-on management style lends itself well to operations leadership, and he has a strong background in Composite Manufacturing and Information Technology. In particular, he specializes in using Lean/Six Sigma tools to reduce production and process time, as well as cost and overhead.
Areas of Expertise
- Lean/Six Sigma Project Management
- Production and Manufacturing
- Team Building
- Composite Manufacturing
- Information Technology
- At Swift Engineering Curtis was responsible for managing project teams and shop floor supervisors, delivery and recovery plans, plant-wide safety measures and production scheduling and initiation.
- At Sanders Composite Curtis supervised the shop floor personnel, worked with customers as their primary customer contact, acted as liaison between customer engineers and manufacturing and generated quotes and delivery schedules in response to the customer’s RFQ.
- At Computer Science Corporation Curtis was assigned to Pratt & Whitney Composites to coordinate SAP rollout, in addition to Lockheed Martin Aerospace for onsite IT supervision, including workload coordination with other departments.
- At ASAP Publishing Company, Curtis lead a team of software engineers and technical writers to produce software and a manual for the legal industry, as well as providing technical support to on-site technicians to troubleshoot challenges.
- Swift Engineering – Composite Production Manager
- Sanders (Pratt & Whitney) Composites – Program Manager
- Computer Science Corporation – Member Technical Staff A
- ASAP Publishing Company – Project
- International Business Machines – Staff Engineer