Bruce R. Maches
A dedicated, results-oriented IT executive, Bruce successfully helps companies use technology to translate business needs into IT strategies and solutions. Leveraging over 17 years of experience in FDA-regulated industries, he’s worked with large pharma, bio-tech and medical device manufacturing enterprises. He was engaged in four Systems, Applications and Products (SAP) deployments as a consultant in IBM’s SAP practice. And in his work with Aztec Shops, he overhauled their entire IT network, created a new departmental structure and implemented processes for operational support to maximize the use of limited resources. An established leader in his field, Bruce combines his skills in strategy development with program and project management to align IT efforts with strategic goals.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Technology & Capital Planning
- FDA IT Regulatory Compliance
- ERP System Planning & Deployment
- IT Governance & Project Management
- Technology Architecture & Integration
- During the Pfizer – Warner Lambert merger, Bruce managed a $75 million+ portfolio, integrating the Research and Development Division’s new business systems. His work in implementing new IT applications provided the Pfizer executive team with the necessary information to make key strategic decisions.
- By performing an assessment of existing Portfolio Management and Governance processes for Abbott Vascular’s IT organization, Bruce’s efforts resulted in level 3 IT governance designation.
- Creating a five-year IT plan for Isis, Bruce also managed all facets of the IT department, including operations, project and resource management, budgeting, end-user support, application development, SOX compliance and data security.
- Managing a program to create IT infrastructure for a spinoff from Elan Pharmaceuticals, Bruce defined project budgets, managed spending, negotiated contracts and ensured regulatory compliance.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals – Interim Chief Information Officer
- Solstice Neurosciences – Interim Director of IT
- Pfizer Inc – Director of IT, Pfizer Global Research & Development
- Aztec Shops Inc – Chief Information Officer
- IBM – Senior SAP Consultant